Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Poor Puppy

This picture was taken before we went into Pittsburgh, when Jasper was feeling very poorly due to an ear infection. He was incredibly lethargic and despite the fact that he frequently drives us crazy we were all very sad for our sick puppy. A week of antibiotics seemed to cure him, though, and as the girls and I left, Jasper was jumping up at the window like his old self.

Well, it looks like the infection never fully left because he's getting mopey again. I have such a strange mix of feelings for this dog: on the one hand, he often feels like that very last straw that's about to break my back, on the other hand he is such a sweet and loving dog that he melts my heart into a puddle.

As much as I want to throw him through the wall (a feat he has made easier to attempt since he's chewed half through it already), the site of him like this makes me go all gooey and greenpeace-ey. Caring for an animal is a weird thing. I hope mine is back to normal soon, even though that means more chewed up toys and movement underfoot.

No comments: