Here are two stories, both from the same day (yesterday), both ending with me wanting the ground to swallow me up. Enjoy!
Claire works on color identification
Let me begin by stating that Claire has still not mastered her colors. I've even discussed the possibility of her having color-blindness with her doctor, but at the end of the day it appears that she just doesn't care to learn them quite yet. So........yesterday I was working in the nursery, and Claire was palling around with Kameron, a little boy who usually comes in after pre-school. His mom, for the record, was in the room. They were holding hands, playing some sort of game, when Claire looked down and was suddenly struck by a difference. "Hey Mommy," she said to me, still staring at Kameron, "his skin is a different color." She contemplated his dark complexion for a moment before turning back to me and saying, "I think he is blue."
I need to buy Ho-Ho's more often, I guess
Story number 2, later that same day. I promised Katie and Beth that I would buy them a dessert at the grocery store while they were in ballet class. When the class was over, they both immediately rushed over to interrogote me on what I brought back. It was very crowded (the ballet class is actually held in a gym. A very busy, crowded, yuppie gym), so I was somewhat distracted as I gathered shoes and coats, and I hurriedly answered, "Ho-Ho's" as I threw Katie's slippers into her bag.
"What?" asked Beth in that particularly loud, screechy, traffic-stopping voice she can get sometimes. "What are HOMOS?"
"No," I told her as I desperately tried to hussle them into their coats, "I said ho-ho's. It's like a cake roll...."
But she was undeterred and kept insisting, "What are HOMOS? Mommy, WHAT ARE HOMOS????"
In telling this story today to my mom, she asked me if the people around me were laughing. I have to say that I have no idea - I was so mortified that I didn't even have the courage to look up, I just gathered them up and barrelled out of there as fast as I could.
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hillarious! (Saw your comment in Betty Beguille's post and came here)
Laura M
Post a Comment