I wish I could figure out how to put up videos, because it's a real shame to keep the sight of Abbie singing along to Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" all to ourselves.
The only word she can actually say is "gone," but she belts it out with all the force of her little personality. That, and The Long Winters "Cinnamon" are the only things that can placate her when she gets fussy in the car, and she sings along to both with gusto. But there is something particularly cute and funny about "Since U Been Gone." It's a breakup song, sort of in the vein of "I Will Survive," and watching our little Kook Attack rocking out to lyrics like, "Since you've been gone I can breathe for the first time!" just knocks me out.
That actually reminds me of another funny story from our trip to Vermont. In the funeral home, Beth was hanging out in an adjoining room with Andy. She told him that she had a song in her head, and asked if he'd like to hear her hum it. Of course he did. So she began, "Ba ba ba-ba ba ba ba ba-ba, hmmm hmmm hmmmmmm hmmmmmmm" Andy recognized it right away. What was she singing? "I Want to be Sedated" by the Ramones. Rock on, little girl.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment