
We let Katie and Beth stay up late last night, and we all watched Stardust - a fantastic movie that you need to put in your Netflix queue right now.
We've had the book for years (it's a little too mature for the girls to read yet, but the movie is more family-friendly) and I have loved it for years, but this is one of those rare, rare cases where the movie is every bit as enjoyable. We all absolutely loved it (yes, including Chris. His surprising ability to locate quality films regardless of genre is one of the first things that attracted me to him. Still does.)
After the movie, Katie and Beth helped me clean up the pie plates and glasses before going to bed. As we rinsed the dishes, Katie made me very proud. She said, "I wish more girls my age would see that this (meaning Stardust) is what is really, really good. Not something like," with extreme disdain, "Hannah Montana."
Man, I love this kid.
My heart just about burst. I was, at that moment, the proudest mother in the world. Enjoy your millions Miley Cyrus, you spoiled rotten vacuous brat, but you haven't sunk your talons into the hearts of my children. They see right through you.
1 comment:
Gabe was sitting on my lap while I was reading your post. He saw the picture of Katie and started saying "Hi!" He waved, smiled, and pointed. Just thought Katie might like to know that her cousin is thinking of her. ;)
Post a Comment