Monday, July 20, 2009

Our day, part II

Once Abbie has fully woken up, and downed her popsicle, the nurse takes her IV out and I help her dress. Abbie never even bothers to look at the IV.

Then we wait for about half an hour because I need to sign one more paper.

Once we have said goodbye to everyone who has been nice to us (and that's just about everyone) and exited the recovery area, I ask Abbie how she is feeling. I am carrying her, because she still can't quite walk, but she is finally awake enough to talk.

She says she is starving, so I take her to the cafeteria where she eats...

And she eats....

And she eats......

Two gigantic slices of pizza and one adult-sized cup of pudding later (pudding comes first, because it is easier to swallow) she is finally fully recovered. We make our way down to the lobby, and Abbie still needs to hold my hand but can otherwise walk on her own. We have been in the hospital for seven hours. We bid goodbye to the rainbow colored hot-air balloon (our favorite one) and then we are ready to go back to our normal life.

Normal life is wonderful.

No comments: