Friday, June 30, 2006

Things are looking up!

At least a dozen times a day, Beth heaves a big sigh and declares, "This is the life!" It's safe to say that the girls are really enjoying our new pool, and all the fun stuff that comes with a big yard. And we are enjoying it, too, despite the fact that we are still as intimidated as all get-out everytime we poke around the flowers and bushes that are planted everywhere.

It's nice feel so at home here already. This house just feels right. There are still lots of boxes to unpack, walls to paint and pictures to hang, but everything here seems perfect. We love the train that comes by two or three times a day, the tip of it just glanced through the trees. We love the basement, cool and bright and cozy, and we love the kitchen, which is not perfect when it comes to counter space, but just begs everyone to gather together and hang out around the table.

Chris and I have taken to jumping into the pool, once the girls are tucked into bed, to swim a few laps and yesterday I took a break to hang on the side and look out over our new yard. The field behind us was literally sparkling with fireflies, and as I listened to the somehow cozy braying of our neighbors' goat (yes, I said our neighbors' goat) I pictured Beth's sunny little face and realized that she has it just right -- this is the life!

No comments: