This is a tough post to write because I am really, really angry. I mean seeing-red-wish-we-were-still-in-Old-Testament-times-so-that-we-could-do-some-smiting angry.
First off, though, Abbie is doing just fine!
The broviac was put in on Monday, and she was given her first chemo dose on Tuesday afternoon. The delay (from Mon to Tues) was due to the pharmacy in the hospital dragging their feet on getting the meds to us, irritating, but not a huge deal in the scheme of things. Abbie was pretty sick Tuesday night; she threw up for the first time around 8pm and didn't really stop until 5 the next morning. Once we had established that she wasn't dehydrated (I think that extra day on the IV probably helped us here,) the hospital ordered some anti-nausea meds for her, and they worked like a charm. So right now she is happily watching tv in the living room, munching on Cheerios.
It's a big relief to have the chemo start off so uneventfully, and I really wish that I could say the same for our plans to move, but......We were supposed to close on our house on Tuesday, it is now Friday and we are no nearer the end than we were a week ago. Due to some really extreme imcompetence on the part of our real estate agent, along with the stupidity of the buying agent and the evilness (oh yes, the evilness) of the selling agent, we may not move after all.
This all began with a call Chris recieved in the OR waiting room, during Abbie's surgery, and things very swiftly went downhill from there. As you might imagine they would, when your agent decides to drop a bomb on you while you are waiting for your daughter to get out of surgery. At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen; Chris is about to morph into Mad Max today and we'll see what he is able to accomplish.
My only question right now, though, is -- Does anybody know of a real estate agent who is not either incompetent or evil? Because from this vantage point, looking over the real estate landscape looks very similar to the way I imagine Hell.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment