
Here is a view of our new backyard, taken from the deck of our new pool! :-)
Things were finally worked out on Friday, and we moved that night. We are starting to settle in somewhat now, and you know what? Despite the pain of getting here, when the girls and I ate breakfast this morning on our deck, listening to the birds chirping and feeling a nice breeze blowing across our yard, it all seems worth it.
Abbie is doing well, she had her second dose of chemo yesterday without incident. She was well anti-nausea-drugged up, and we've had no problems yet this time. Right now we are feeling very upbeat and hopeful, and this whole mess seems absolutely manageable. Our biggest worry right now is how to work letting Abbie swim, since we don't want to have to change her dressing too often, but it needs to be changed whenever she gets wet. In the scheme of things, this is by no means a terrible problem to have. :)
Chris' sister is getting married this weekend, so our focus is shifting somewhat this week from our own insanity to hers. Another good problem! I'll update with more pictures of the house as I #1 - get the time and #2 - unpack enough to have some decent pictures. In the meantime, here's another picture of the yard, with three happy little girls about to jump into our new pool for the first time.

2 comments:
Becca -
I am so impressed!
Taking care of four kids, (one seriously ill), moved a house and still updated your blog! Amazing. Your Mother, Aunt Margaret and even my blessed wife, dear sweet Colleen stand in awe! You are the role model of women in the new century. Keep up the good work.
With Love, Your number one fan - Uncle Michael
P.S. At the end of the school year Annie had to tell who her hero was and why. Of all the wonderful people she knows (including her dear Dad) she picked you! She told me that you were very special and a great Mother. I couldn't agree with her more!
We love you~ Annie, Emma, Sara, Aunt Colleen and Uncle Michael
I have a hard time believing that Colleen could be standing in awe of me after cleaning my kitchen. :)
I love you guys, and I can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment