Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Day of days

It's funny how traditions start -- I've labored long and hard over designing "traditions" for our family, but the ones that seem to stick are the ones that evolve out of who-even-knows-where. I decorated the kitchen on Monday night, because it is now expected that I will do so. I also made cinnamon rolls, because apparently we now can't have birthday mornings without them. When Katie woke up, she immediately put on the "birthday crown." None of these are things I ever planned to do every single birthday, but it would crush the girls to not wake up to them.

Her favorite gift so far is a harmonica, believe it or not. While she has been in school today I've already broken up several fights between Beth and Claire over the harmonica. (They are trying to take advantage of it while Katie isn't around to claim her ownership.) Suddenly the girls are hearing harmonicas in every song we play, from Coldplay to Veggie tales.

No comments: