Grandma Mlinek has been in visiting, giving Chris and I the chance to go away for a night and giving the girls a chance to craft their little hearts out. Fun has been had by all. :)
Today, however, Claire decided that it was time to blow the whistle on the whole tender-loving-mother persona I've tried to adopt. I was obliged to remind Claire in mass that it is important to remain quiet (she seems to think that, as long as she is repeatedly saying "Jesus" and/or telling other people -- in this case, her Aunt Becky -- how to behave during mass, she should be free to talk as much as she pleases.) I utilized the standard low-whisper-directly-into-the-ear manuver that most mothers know and love. I can't remember exactly what I said, but it wasn't too terribly harsh because, really, she wasn't being too terribly bad. But Claire immediately deflated, and slunk over to her Grandmother to sadly proclaim, "Mommy spanks me all the time!"
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment