Katie had her birthday party today, and her Pittsburgh cousins (Annie, Emma, Sara and Megan)all came down to join in.
I know that all of the Chesters are eventually going to hear this, so I may as well tell the story myself: Uncle Mike and Colleen left Pgh at 5am to make it to our place in time. I am sure that they were very tired when they arrived at my house. I am sure that they were looking forward to relaxing for a bit before the party. I am sure that they were not expecting to find me in the process of making fleece hats when they arrived. I am sure that, even had they known my intention to make the hats as a party hat/favor, they would never have guessed that at 11am the day of the party (due to begin promptly at 3) I would have completed exactly four of the seventeen hats I needed to make. When they woke up at 4am in the morning, I am sure that neither of them even considered the thought that they would need to hand sew a dozen (ugly)pink fleece hats before their frazzled, unshowered neice would even think to offer them lunch.
As well, I'm pretty sure that my mom had no intention of running to WalMart at midnight the night before, in search of a sewing maching. I'm sure my mother thought that the days of dealing with my project procrastination ended when I came home with that green mortarboard perched on my head. However I am grateful for the sewing machine, and I do plan to utilize it. :)
I am sure that there is plenty of talk going on behind my back due to this, but they were all very kind, and most importantly, helpful, so all I can say is.........thank God for family! :-)
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment