We have a niece! Our very first!
If my computer would allow me to upload photos, I'd put one on here. Unfortunately, everyone will just have to imagine how perfect, and sweet, and utterly adorable baby Gianna is. It's easy - just picture the most adorable baby you've ever seen, and then kick it up a notch. Don't forget the soft cloud of dark hair and perfectly round, lightly pink cheeks.
She's really beautiful.
And now here is a funny story:
Chris and I have been asked to be the godparents for this particular bundle of awesomeness. We were only too glad to accept, naturally. Becky and Dante were both firmly convinced that they were having a boy, and we both had a little laugh over the fact that, although we collectively have 5 godchildren, this would be our very first male godchild.
So, two weeks ago, I ran into our parish office to get forms for the baptism. I was actually getting multiple forms, because I also have the honor of being godmother to my friend Monica's new baby, Cecilia. There was a crowd in the office that morning, and a few people commented upon how much they enjoy seeing our parade of girls every Sunday. I thanked them for the compliment, and then explained my errand to the secretary.
It took the secretary a few minutes to fill out all of the necessary forms, and as she worked on them she said, "You must be very popular godparents!"
Reflexively, I said, "I guess people just naturally think of us when they have baby girls!" and we all laughed.
As I said it though, I mentally chided myself because Becky was so very, very confident that she was having a boy.
Heh heh heh.
So welcome to little Gianna, such a surprise to her mommy (although not a surprise to her big brother, who insisted all along that he was getting a sister!) It continues to amaze me how very deeply I can be moved by other people's babies. You might think that, having had so many of my own, I'd be totally over the whole miracle-of-life thing, but it's not so. As I looked down on the peaceful, perfect little face of Gianna, I was absolutely overwhelmed with awe and love. What a miracle. What a blessing. What an honor to have some share in this little soul's life. Welcome, little one. May God bless you now, and always.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Seriously, I am still surprised! Chock up one to Gabe. I am sure that this will be the first of many times he will prove me wrong. ;)
From the pictures that I've seen, Gianna is the sweetest baby ever!I have finally made up my mind that Gianna is the cutest relative EVER!!!!
-KATIE
Post a Comment