I got home from work tonight around 8:30. By the time I had run upstairs to help Katie and Beth pick out outfits for "70s Day" tomorrow, made lunches and thrown some dishes in the dishwasher, it was 9:30. The girls were all asleep, Chris was playing videogames in the basement and the rest of the house was still and quiet.
I was on my laptop, looking at pictures of my Sister and Brother-in-Law's new house (congrats, guys!) when an eerie feeling came over me. I began to feel goose-prickly, like someone was watching me. Gradually I became aware, out of the corner of my eye, of a figure, all in white approaching with its arms reaching toward me. It was moving slowly, in absolute silence.
I did what was only natural, of course. I jumped and cried out. Abbie's eyes grew wide as she continue to stalk towards me with her arms held out.
"I just wanted a kiss from you," she said.
She got the kiss, and probably a good 5 years off my lifespan as well.
Sorry for the long silence around here. I have pictures of my sister's wedding, some awesome videos of the girls, and some other stuff to share.....but I have been working crazy hours (40 hrs/week is crazy when you are only supposed to be part-time and have an entire other life full of laundry and boo-boos and bubble baths to tend to) and I just haven't had the five minutes to spare. Soon, though. I promise.
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment