We let the girls (minus Abbie) stay up until midnight last night, so this was a slow-starting morning. So slow, in fact, that we still - at 5pm- haven't really begun the day. We're having a lazily cozy, slightly frowzy start to 2007. Everyone needs baths, but nobody has had one. Chris and I, and Beth, are still in our pjs. I think we may have potato chips for dinner.
Last night was really nice, with the Lobers coming over to ring in the New Year with us. The Lober small folk are more used to late nights, and I was afraid that my girls would not fare as well into the wee hours. But they were fine - a little hyper, but who can blame them with all the candy and chips they were eating? And nobody puked from the excess, which was both unusual and very cool.
So today is spent in recovering - a lot of laying around , reading books in front of the fire, nibbling on whichever leftovers still seem vaguely appealing. Like I said, lazy and cozy, and really very, very comfy and enjoyable. Here's to a 2007 filled with days like this: nothing to do, and nowhere to go, happy and safe at home. :)
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment