Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I've lost my faith in humanity

One of the perks of rooming with an elementary-ed major in college was digging through her stash of children's lit. (Thanks Monica!) When I picked up Bridge to Terebithia one afternoon, I spent the next few hours absolutely transfixed. By the end I was curled up in a ball on Monica's bed, sobbing my heart out. It is one of those books that give you that glimpse of what it must feel like to be in heaven; it is trulya peircingly beautiful book even though the events it describes aren't exactly happy ones.

And that is why this makes me want to vomit.

I freaking hate Disney. Hate them. Hate them!

How does a book about friendship in its deepest and most soul-searing incarnation turn into a movie about kids running around some cheesey fantasy-land with swords? How the heck were they able to put the name of this book that I absolutely love on this crappy Narnia-clone of a movie?

Augh. I guess there are no members of the race who know Joseph in Hollywood. At least, there aren't any working for Disney.

No comments: