Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Straight from the source

I went down to the basement to check on Lucy after putting Ruth down for her nap, and as I got to the bottom of the steps it became pretty clear that the air there had recently been polluted.

"Can you smell that stinky?" Lucy asked me.  I nodded.
"Do you know who did it?" she asked.
"Well, Lucy," I said, "You're the only one down here."
She shrugged her shoulders, as though that was not the answer she was looking for.
"Also I knew it must be me," she said, "because...you know, 'She who felt it, dealt it.' "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No-she did not!!!!!
Where did she hear that ?

And she remembered it-WOW, no wonder you are going to miss her when she goes to kindergarten.

There is always home schooling !!!!
Love
Mom

Becca said...

Well, read my latest post. I'm not exactly doing a stellar job of teaching this one (seemingly) simple thing!