Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Every Minute, Every Second... (by Katie)

I can't stop thinking about it... the beach! On August 7 we leave for North Carolina. I don't think I can wait any longer. I've taken taken my old 4th grade journal and devoted the empty pages to my "documents". I've made a sketch of the floor plans, explained them, labeled them, wrote lists of what I need to bring, games to play, what to do for 8 hours in the car, interviewed the girls, and now I am keeping a diary untill we go and leave. Oh...I have also wrote letters to relatives ( I hope you appreciate them, It took me hours!). On the floor plans I move a pencil across it, pretending it's me and I'm there : It's actually very entertaining :-). So now I have made a grocery store, park, etc. I hope that they will keep me entertained long enough in the car. The girls have made me make them floor plans. I seriously can't stop thinking about it! I think it's the only thing I live for right now. We come back August 14. The only problem is (besides the car ride) that my BFF leaves for a two week vacation today and comes back when we leave! We'll be seperated for 3 weeks! That's torture to me and her! But when I go for my vacation it should hopefully keep my mind off it. I love knowing something where just the thought of it lights a warm fire in my heart. Today I'll enjoy myself swimming then going to a baseball game ( some Volt guy is going to be there). Life right now is sweet . :P

5 comments:

mom-carol said...

Oh Katie,

You are becoming a great writer too. Cannot wait to see you guys. It seems so long since I saw you. Got to see you at the beginning of December and for a few hours in May for Ryan's party.
Sounds like your sisters really look to you for lots information.
I love you
Grandma

Katie said...

Thank you, that is very high praise to me. I miss you a lot! I might not live through the wait. I love you and will never stop,
Katie

mom-carol said...

My sweet, smart Katie,

No matter what- you have my love forever too!!!

Huggggs and Kissessss
Love you too much
Grandma

Anonymous said...

That is too sweet.

Anonymous said...

The idea for the floor plans was great, I can see that being very entertaining. :)