Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh, and Abbie....

...Is doing just fine. The infection is completely gone with the removal of the line. They still haven't identified what the actual infection was - they sent a specimen to the Mayo Clinic, it was so exotic, so it is definitely for the best that it is gone.

She feels just dandy, and the only lingering issue is the fact that she has finally realized what an opportunity she has to milk sympathy. If she wants a toy that Claire is playing with, she is now very likely to remind Claire in a pathetic voice that she's "so sicky." When she wakes up in the middle of the night (the hospital has wreaked havoc on her nighttime routine) she almost always tells me that she can't sleep because "I'm sick. I'll throw up."

Wow. Time to dial down the pity for little brain-tumor-girl, before she turns into a monster. The problem is, she is so darn cute and knows exactly how to charm everyone. The biggest danger is not that Chris and I might spoil her, but that her sisters might. She has the three of them completly wrapped around her little finger, and they seem to be defenceless against her powers.

It just may be that this new baby will truly be the one to "bring balance to the Force," since the Force is so unusually strong in Abbie. But like Darth Vader's last encounter with Obi-Wan, I don't know that she will like the competition.

No comments: