I just realized today that we really need to change our Sunday morning mass routine.
We have always been the types who sneak into the church mere seconds before the processional begins. (OK, in the interest of honesty-- sometimes it's during the processional.) We have a hard time gettting there early. I don't really even know why; it has always been like this, even before the advent of our children. Even before marriage -- I barely made it to mass on time back in the days when the only person I needed to concern myself with was me. I have some very fond memories of running through campus in high heels, trying to maintain modesty while still achieving maximum speed. (This differs from my weekday college memories, where I was still running, but in sweatpants and tennis shoes, and I had farther to go.)
So, we have this problem. But now, instead of slipping into a pew in the back, we are faced with a more complicated scenario; we have to find a pew that will fit ALL of us, and we have to somehow do it as unobtrusively as possible while herding four (and soon to be more) squirrely little girls through the quiet church.
It can't be done. Let's face it, it just can't.
We have to change. Get our act together. Organize our lives. Get on the ball and all that.
Darn it.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Becca,
I think it's an awesome witness that your beautiful large family is able to get to Mass together. Keep proclaiming the Gospel of Life! I really do miss Chris and all of you; be assured of my continued prayers!
Father
Post a Comment