Here, in no particular order, are some things that I love about this gorgeous baby:
*The way she crinkles her nose when she smiles.
*Her long, dark eyelashes that literally sweep over her cheeks when she closes them.
*The way Ruth laughs in her sleep, almost every day. It is the most adorable thing I have ever seen, the sight of her sleeping little face breaking into a huge gummy smile, and then hearing the gurgle of an absolutely delighted laugh. She isn't laughing yet while awake, which makes these sleep-giggles all the more precious. It makes me happy to know that her dreams are good ones.
*The way, when she is fussy, Ruth immediately calms down when she hears my voice. The girls find this amazing, which has reminded me that it is amazing. Beth said to me recently, "I like the way that babies and their Mommies are just best friends!"
*When I go into Ruth's room in the middle of the night, she immediately stops crying and will give me a huge smile. It doesn't matter how much she was fussing before, it's instantly forgotten in her happiness at seeing me. If everyone could let go of their own unhappiness so quickly, the world would be a much better place.
*I love the feel of her warm little head on my shoulder. There is something so sweet and touching about the way an infant leans on you with such complete abandon.
*The way Ruth loves her family. She is fascinated by watching everyone interact, and the girls will often be holding her and talking to each other when they realize that Ruth is looking up at them as they talk and smiling wildly.
*The sweet way Ruth is crazy about her Daddy. He was the first to get big smiles from her, and nothing elicits her interest like the sound of Chris' voice coming into a room. She's already trying to push her stomach out in an attempt to follow him as he moves around.
*The way she crinkles her nose when she smiles. Have I already said this? It needed to be said again!
This baby is just so sweet, and calming, and fun. We are so blessed to have her with us, I can't believe our luck!
Thursday, December 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment