Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer In My Eyes

This is Katie, the oldest daughter. I am currently 10, about 4 months until new baby and my 11th birthday. I have finished Elementary (congrats to other family members who have graduated in some way, I will not say names) school on June 17,2010. The ceremony was about 1 hour long!! I enjoyed my last time teasing there, though it's ALWAYS hard to say goodbye. I have (naturally) been having dreams taking place in Middle School. Here's the funny thing, though: In 4th grade, I had a dream where I was at some school but didn't belong there. The kids were all older. This year, though, I visited the same place, but I belonged there (but of course, forgot my book bag) !!! Isn't that ironic? This summer we've worked on the pool, organized the craft room, and cleaned. My friend has been at the beach, and therefore I am slowly crumbling inside. The pool should be ready at the end of the week, there's the 4th of July and fireworks, and summer has only just started. While the girls play Violent polly pockets (burning houses, murders, psycho person), Mom exercises, and Dad changes from his work clothes, I feel contented. Oh, and I got straight As again, but there's summer homework!!! Boy, summer is good.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Katie,
How was Biz Town?

mom-carol said...

OH Katie- straight A's AGAIN.
VERY,VERY Cool.
I didn't know you ever got straight A's. Your Mom needs to brag .
I am very proud of you.

You deserve a great summer.
Much Love
Hugggs and Kissesss
Grandma

Becca said...

All three of the girls got straight A's this year! I'm proud of all of them, but we've actually been working more on fostering an attitude of.....humility, I guess, is the best way to put it, in regards to their school performance. So, I am proud of them but tend not to brag because....they think pretty highly of themselves as it is. :)

Katie said...

To Aunt Becky:
It was AMAZING!!! I really enjoyed my job and learning things. The layout was cool, and being and "adult" for a day was fun.
To Grandma:
Thank you. I got my first straight As in 4th grade. Can't wait 'till August.:)

Rachel said...

Straight A's...wow congratulations all 3 of you! Very impressive!!! Neither me or your mom had ever been able to have those bragging rights so I think its perfectly ok to think highly of yourselves its a great accomplishment!

mom-carol said...

Katie,

I am with Aunt Rachel- I am very impressed with you- and you have the right to be proud of yourself.
I can't wait for August too- I miss you guys soooooo much.

Much Love
Aunt Carol