Sunday, October 14, 2007

solving a mystery that has been bugging me

Abbie invented a song that she sings all. the. time. The crazy thing is that it is very catchy, and I'll often get it stuck in my head for the rest of the day once I've heard her singing it.

Here are the lyrics:

Puppy! Puppy! Puppy!
Do-da Botterini!
Puppy! Puppy! Puppy!
Do-da Botterini!

The lyrics had me intrigued, because it seemed like nonsense and yet.....Botterini really sounds like a name. I asked the other girls if they knew where Abbie got the idea for this song, but they were as clueless as I was. Abbie provided no insight, simply answering when asked, "Well, it means Puppy-d0-da-botterini, Mommy!"

This has been a mystery for weeks, until last night when we were talking about it over dinner. My father-in-law suddenly spoke and said, "That sounds like the last name of Mom's friends - The Botterini's."

!!!!! Of course!!! I guess Abbie must have overheard Grandma Mlinek talking about them, and something about the name must have tickled her fancy. How weird is that, though? I wonder if they have a puppy....

No comments: