Thursday, November 17, 2005

Just wait till your Daddy gets home.....


Claire is in big trouble today.

Our blinds were not looking great, but they were certainly not this terrible until this afternoon, when Claire decided to practice her ladder climbing skills on the blinds while I was upstairs folding towels. I very much so wanted to beat the tar out of her, but instead I put her in a good long time out and then packed the girls up to go blow some steam off at the gym.

Now, the ceiling light in our van is on a timer, so that it shuts off a minute or so after the door has been closed. We had some trouble with Claire turning the light to "on," as in "on all the time" a few months ago, but I thought we had resolved that little issue. Guess not. No gym for us, because the car won't start.

Um....why did we have kids? I can't remember. I'm pretty sure our reasons didn't include having our stuff destroyed, and our car killed a week before Thanksgiving.

On days like this, I often will have that old nursery rhyme running through my head -- you know, the one that ends:
She gave them some butter without any bread
Then spanked them all soundly
And sent them to bed.

Sounds like good advice to me.

1 comment:

katie mlinek said...

yeah,i agree with you grandma

katie

3/2/10