Katie, who now makes a point of reading the blog over my shoulder as I write posts, has asked me why I put up a post about Chris' birthday gift to me and did not put up a post talking about the girls' gifts.
She has a point. So here it is! (Shh! Quick while Katie isn't looking)
My eldest daughter, showing her true colors as well as her maturity, disappeared the Sunday afternoon before my birthday, emerging about an hour later with a mysterious request that I meet her upstairs. I finished whatever it was I was doing and went up the stairs.....to see a sparklingly clean top floor! Katie had straighted and cleaned the entire floor all by herself. I was so touched, both that she put so much effort into it and that she would have even have the idea in the first place. She's some kid. I seriously can't believe someone like her managed to be born to someone like me.
The second big birthday gift was an original song by Beth and Claire. I loved it, and immediately made them sing it again for the camera so that I could post it. Enjoy!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Becka!
Your girls are so wonderfully creative! Carter loves watching their videos over and over and over (and over).
Tracey
How precious! I can't see my daughter doing anything like that.
~tina
Post a Comment