Beth loves words. She loves learning what big words mean, and integrating them into her vocabulary. She also just loves the way some words sound, and she'll often repeat new words to herself over and over as she is doing chores, just for the pure joy the sound makes.
Yesterday, as she was doing her homework she began to repeat something over and over. "Barack Obama," she said. "Barack Obama. Barackobama. Barackobama."
"Where did you hear that?" I asked her.
"On the news. I think it's the name of some guy. Is he the new president?"
No, I told her, he isn't. At least not yet. Beth lost interest and went back to her homework, until a few minutes later I heard it again. She couldn't help herself.
"Barack Obama," she said as she scribbled the answer to a math question, "Barack Obama. Barackobama."
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Becca -
This is crazy! I just read a post over at bettnet.com about a similar effect that Obama is having on some people. You have to read it! You might have to scroll down to find it.
Becky
Post a Comment